- Location: 169 km from Ho Chi Minh City
- Status: the largest city of Mekong Delta
- Population: 1,5 million (estimated 2012)
- Also referred to as “Tay Do”, meaning “Western capital”
- Famous for its verdant orchards, a form of ecotourism
Being the main and biggest city of the Mekong River Delta, Can Tho is renowned for its friendly and warm people, interesting floating markets, beautiful Buddhist pagodas, as well as delicious foods and verdant fruits.
Located nearly 170 kilometers from Ho Chi Minh City (3 hours drive), the city expresses its charm in the saying: “Can Tho, ivory rice, clear waters; Those who come want to stay forever”. Having its name deriving from “river of poems”, Can Tho is also indicated as “Tay Do”, meaning “Western Capital”.
As you take a deep breath and go with the flow of the Mekong River, the lives of local people are revealed little by little. Observe the verdant gardens on the two river banks, sail through an intensive system of canals, buy exotic and qualified products at floating markets, and see how interesting it is as the old constantly shrug with the new. Such authentic cultural experiences will definitely be your unforgettable memories.
The two most renowned attractions of Can Tho are Bang Lang Stork Garden and Cai Rang Floating Market. Together with Ninh Kieu Wharf, Cai Rang Floating is consistently referred to in several musical and literary works about Can Tho. Also, it is the gathering place of nearly all agricultural products of Western Vietnam. With bustling boats from every part of the region, the Market is definitely attractive to tourists.
On the other hand, at Bang Lang Stork Garden, you will catch sight of thousands of storks in various colors and types flying gracefully in the sky, lying playfully at tree branches, calling eagerly for partners. Looking from afar, the green orchard is dotted with the white color of storks, looking like cherry blossoms blooming in the spring. This is one typical example of Can Tho’s different ecotourism areas. With beautiful and charming gardens which are full of fresh fruits and other orchard specialties, this form of tourism surely enriches the potential of Mekong Delta region.
• A lifetime memorable trip ever
• True experience of Mekong Delta region by visiting famous places there like Cai Rang Floating Market, My Tho, Chau Doc, Can Tho
• Exotic feelings of encountering new things such as coconut candies and handcrafts, “Monkey Bridge”, catfish farm, crocodile farm, lovely fruitful gardens etc.
• A great holiday of sightseeing and admiring beauty of the nature on the water-wave of the legendary Mekong River.
• Invaluable chances to witness the daily life and traditional customs of the local.
• Witness thousands of white storks flying back to their nests in Thot Not Preserve.
• Enjoyment of folk music which only belong to the Southern people of Vietnam.
• Full day tour to visit highlights of Saigon
• Experience the local life and culture of people in Mekong Delta
• Enjoy wonderful feeling in cosy cabin on Mekong Eyes cruise
• Walk to a rural village or cooking class on board
• Explore small canals of Tan Phong islet, coconut candy producing family
• Bicycle ride on back roads or walk in a small village along the Mekong Canals
• Explore Saigon: the War Remnants Museum, the Reunification Palace, the Notre Dame Cathedral, Central Post Office and Cu Chi Tunnel.
• Admire the beautiful scenery along the mighty Mekong River while sailing on Mekong Eyes Cruise
• Explore small canals of Tan Phong islet, coconut candy producing family
• Visit tropical orchard and meet the local manufacturing workshop
• Take a sampan boat to Cai Rang floating market, the region’s busiest and most lively market
• Fantastic tour to explore the beauty of Mekong River
• Wonderful journey to discover the tranquil idyllic life of Vietnamese people in Mekong Delta
• Memorable excursion to visit floating market, lush orchards, enjoy authentic specialties
• Enjoyable trip to explore the bustle capital city of Phnom Penh
• Discover the famous world heritage site Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom and other sacred religious sites in Cambodia
• Great opportunity to explore the local life in Cambodia, traditional lifestyle with silk weaving and craft village
• Explore the beauty and charm of different parts along Vietnam
• Visit different famous places in North, Central and Southern Vietnam
• Obtain hands-on experience in cooking Vietnamese cuisine from preparing ingredient stage to enjoying time
• Discover Vietnamese multi-colorful culture, special customs and tradition…
• Have enjoyable time with local people, folk music, crafts, Vietnam featured souvenirs
• Have a chance to experience a new Vietnam in your own way
In the Greek culture, “Iris” is defined as the glorious rainbow. Dating back to Greek mythology, people perceived the Iris flower as a message from the gods and goddesses to mankind on Earth. They also believed that every one of us represented a piece of heaven. Through its beautiful meaning, Iris has gained an undeniable attraction and...
Located in the center of Ninh Kieu quay, Can Tho city, the 4 star Ninh Kieu Riverside Hotel, with the unique and impressive architecture in Can Tho city, has created its brand and prestige from the opening. With the best location in Can Tho city, fully modern facilities equipped, professional & enthusiastic staff, and experienced management...
TTC Hotel Premium - Can Tho, an ideal destination, is located at the heart of a beautiful riverside, Can Tho. Just 2 minutes walking you can enjoy stunning scenery of the riverside. The 10-story building hotel offers you panoramic views of both city and river. With 107 well-equipped, spacious rooms will make your stay a perfect one. Whenever you...
West Hotel is located at Ninh Kieu quay, center of Can Tho city. 80 well-equipped rooms together with the professional and dedicated staff, are promised to bring you the most comfortable stay in Can Tho. At West Hotel, you will enjoy not only the best services, ranging from coffee-bar, swimming pool, to restaurant but the natural beauty of Hau...
The property is located just 70 meters away from a gentle local river that allows you to take a boat tour easily. Moreover, behind the property, there is another hidden canals where your families can take our free rowing boats to explore by yourselves.
Can Tho is a city that is famous for its floating markets, delicious food, fresh fruits and the beauty of the Mekong delta. The only luxury hotel in the centre of the Mekong Delta, the five star Muong Thanh Luxury Can Tho Hotel blends moderm architecture with the natural beauty of the river. Muong Thanh Luxury Can Tho Hotel is located...
At Hau Giang Hotel Can Tho, every effort is made to make guests feel comfortable. To do so, the hotel provides the best in services and amenities. Top features of the hotel include free Wi-Fi in all rooms, convenience store, daily housekeeping, 24-hour security, fax machine. Hau Giang Hotel Can Tho is home to 55 bedrooms. Whatever your...
Conveniently located in Can Tho, Nam Bo Boutique Hotel is a great base from which to explore this vibrant city. The hotel's strategic location ensures that guests can quickly and easily reach many local points of interest. Also within easy reach are Ong Pagoda, Ho Chi Minh Museum, Ninh Kieu Wharf. All guest accommodations feature thoughtful...
When visiting Can Tho, you'll feel right at home at Fortuneland Hotel Can Tho, which offers quality accommodation and great service. The hotel is not too far from the city center: just 1km away, and it normally takes about 20 minutes to reach the airport. Also within easy reach are Cantho Stadium, Cantho Quay, Can Tho Water Park.Offering...
Offering an outdoor pool on the upper level of the hotel, with panoramic city views, Holiday One Can Tho Hotel is situated in Can Tho and has WiFi is free in all areas. With air conditioning, the rooms have a TV, electric kettle, and minibar. Slippers are provided in the private bathroom. They have modern furnishings and windows offering city...