- Location: 250 km north of Ho Chi Minh City (6 hours of bus ride)
- Status: the heart of Mekong Delta
- Population: around 120,000
- Area: 100 square km
- Religions: Mahayana Buddhism, Theravada Buddhism, Sunni Islam
- Accommodations can be easily found near Sam Mountain, Chau Doc’s major attraction
About 245 kilometers north of Ho Chi Minh City, the town of Chau Doc is situated in the vicinity of An Giang province, in the center of Mekong Delta. Towards travelers, the town is best known as a Vietnam's border crossing with the neighbor country Cambodia. Currently, Chau Doc is trying its best to become a 'festival city', utilizing tourism as a leading economic sector.
Chau Doc’s long history is closely connected with extraordinary stories related to the Sam Mountain Lady (Ba Chua Xu Nui Sam) and remarkable events in guarding the country such as motivating residents to build Vinh Te canal. In addition, Chau Doc is the place where you can go further than usual into the culture of Cham and Khmer people living together in harmony. Mosque serving Cham community can also be found here at Chau Doc.
Coming to Chau Doc around May and June, you stand a chance of taking part in the annual Ba Chua Xu Festival organized at Ba Chua Xu Temple, Sam Mountain. Apparently, joining in festivals is one of the best ways to understand what Vietnam is made of. Also, Sam Mountain is the most renowned tourist attraction of Chau Doc. Therefore, the majority of hotels in the town are located on the road leading to the mountain. On the foot of Sam Mountain, Tay An Pagoda is a harmonious combination among different styles: Indian, Islamic, and Vietnamese.
At Chau Doc in the morning, take your time blending into the flow of locals, haggling in colorful markets with a rich diversity of goods from different origins can be purchased in relatively cheap prices. In the afternoon, a stroll along the Mekong riverside is worth a try.
• A lifetime memorable trip ever
• True experience of Mekong Delta region by visiting famous places there like Cai Rang Floating Market, My Tho, Chau Doc, Can Tho
• Exotic feelings of encountering new things such as coconut candies and handcrafts, “Monkey Bridge”, catfish farm, crocodile farm, lovely fruitful gardens etc.
• A great holiday of sightseeing and admiring beauty of the nature on the water-wave of the legendary Mekong River.
• Invaluable chances to witness the daily life and traditional customs of the local.
• Witness thousands of white storks flying back to their nests in Thot Not Preserve.
• Enjoyment of folk music which only belong to the Southern people of Vietnam.
• Fantastic tour to explore the beauty of Mekong River
• Wonderful journey to discover the tranquil idyllic life of Vietnamese people in Mekong Delta
• Memorable excursion to visit floating market, lush orchards, enjoy authentic specialties
• Enjoyable trip to explore the bustle capital city of Phnom Penh
• Discover the famous world heritage site Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom and other sacred religious sites in Cambodia
• Great opportunity to explore the local life in Cambodia, traditional lifestyle with silk weaving and craft village
• Admiring the incredible architecture of Angkor Wat - the UNESCO Heritage Sites
• Visit a number of historic sites and learn more about the Khmer History
• Watch fantastic Apsara Dance performed by the gifted artists
• Taste hundreds of delicious cuisine made from fresh ingredients
• Relax on a pleasant cruise trip along Mekong river from Cambodia to Vietnam
• Exotic holiday to explore Mekong Delta and notable attractions in the South and Central of Vietnam
• Memorable trip to discover several natural destination as well as human-created beauty spots
• Great experience of encountering the local authentic values
• Enjoyment of having the finest cuisine of the Mekong Delta and the South of Vietnam
• Interesting holiday with wide range of activities
• Unforgettable journey to truly experience the life in urban as well as countryside
• Better knowledge of the country and people of Vietnam
When visiting Chau Doc (An Giang), you'll feel right at home at Hung Cuong Hotel, which offers quality accommodation and great service. From here, guests can enjoy easy access to all that the lively city has to offer. With its convenient location, the hotel offers easy access to the city's must-see destinations. Offering hotel guests...
Located right on Sam Mountain, the three stars Victoria Nui Sam Lodge houses an outdoor swimming pool surrounded by the spectacular natural landscape. The 26 stone bungalows and villas nestled on the side of this spiritual mountain, home to dozens of pagodas and temples, offer guests and visitors a unique experience in a truly magnificent...
A brand new hotel located in the delightful town of Chau Doc is a superb family hotel at an affordable price. The rooms are very spacious including more amenities than expected from a three-star hotel. A welcoming staff ready to serve in any way possible is always available. Delicious dishes are served up from the hotels very own restaurant....
Stay at charming Victoria Chau Doc Hotel – you will discover the effervescent life of floating villages. Built in colonial style with low-rise French architectural design, the four star Victoria Chau Doc Hotel blends perfectly with its natural surroundings. The hotel is located on the banks of the Bassac River crossing and is an ideal base...