- Location: northern Vietnam
- Nickname: Halong Bay on land
- Population: 906,900 people (2011 census)
- Area: about 1,390 square kilometers
- Telephone area code: 030
The development of Ninh Binh tourism is of much potential. Located at the gateway between the Red River Delta triangle and the North, this land owns various attractions as well as historical places related to the royal palace of Vietnam in the 10th century (Dinh and Early Le Dynasty).
The province aims at being a tourist city and currently is given privilege to become a center for tourism.
Ninh Binh is widely considered as "Halong Bay on land" thanks to its diverse ecosystem with an amazing abundance of fauna and flora, a huge number of caves, lakes, grottoes, karst towers, and much more. Similar to Halong, destinations of Ninh Binh may exhaust people to explore all of them, including natural beauty sights, ecological sights, historical sites as well as spas and resorts. Cuc Phuong National Park - Vietnam's largest nature reserve - is also in the vicinity of Ninh Binh province. In addition, several vestiges and landscape of the province are listed in the national category. A visit to the three grottoes (Tam Coc), Bai Dinh Pagoda (Vietnam's biggest pagoda), Phat Diem Cathedral, Trang An Eco-tourism Complex, Hoa Lu Ancient Capital, and so on. Each destination or even all of them at a time is always worth your try.
The best time to explore the beauty of Ninh Binh is at spring as apart from sightseeing, you can immense yourself into a numerous number of meaningful and overwhelming festivals. Bai Dinh pagoda festival from the sixth day of the first Lunar month is not only an occasion to worship Buddha and Gods but also to memorize national heroes such as Quang Trung and Dinh Bo Linh; while Hoa Lu Ancient Capital Festival (also known as Truong Yen festival) is to commemorate kings Dinh Tien Hoang and Le Dai Hanh for their merit of establishing Dai Co Viet Kingdom and building up the Capital Hoa Lu - together with another joyful round of festivals for you to consider taking part in.
In terms of delicacies, the province never fails to take your breath away with a plentiful collection of mountain goats dishes, overcooked rice (which is in the favor of being listed in the Asian record), Kim Son wine, and many others. Your appetite will be well pleased here at this province...
• Visit Hoa Lu with two temples of the two well-known King in Vietnamese history
• Row boat along Tam Coc stream and have sightseeing the spectacular riversides
• Explore Bich Dong Pagoda - a very original pagoda in Vietnam
• Take a chance to taste special local foods
• Learn about parts of feudal dynasties and historical periods in Vietnamese history at King Dinh and King Le Temples
• Travel to Trang An Grottos and enjoy the natural atmosphere as well as striking limestone karsts
• Experience the quiet fresh air and take some photos
• Stay with local people and dig deeper into the custom of Thai and Muong Ethnic Minority
• Learn more about the farming life when walking around the Mai Chau villages and interact with local farmers
• Taste the superb cuisines made by local people
• Go trekking through the different villages and get a deeper knowledge about the diversity of culture in Vietnam
• Refresh among the lush green of nature, get away from the busy life
• A wonderful trip to explore the amazing beauty of Tam Coc - “Halong Bay on land”
• A exciting visit to historical sites in Hoa Lu, the Ancient Capital
• A fantastic cycling journey to Cuc Phuong National Park and immerse in charming nature
• A great chance to explore and experience the local life of ethnic minority in Mai Chau Valley and enjoy the peaceful landscape of the mountainous area
Well-positioned in Tam Coc - Bich Dong Caves, Ninh Binh Hidden Charm Hotel And Resort is the ideal point of departure for your excursions in Ninh Binh. From here, guests can enjoy easy access to all that the lively city has to offer. With its convenient location, the hotel offers easy access to the city's must-see destinations. Besides, the fine...
Located on the Tam Coc Area, on the UNESCO"s World Heritage Area, Tam Coc River Field Resort is a beautiful resort with a personal touch. The view you have from the rooms and Café/Restaurant is the meeting of great Tam Coc and look rice fields. The resort is quiet and peaceful with the beautiful landscape. Coming here you will be able to enjoy...
Located in the heart of Ninh Binh city, The Reed Hotel is an ideal place to stay, to experience local atmosphere and explore the spectacular Ancient Capital of Vietnam. Not only the comfortable hotel room, The Reed Hotel also offers the best convention services and authentic restaurants in town! The Reed Hotel is proud to be one of the hotels...
Emeralda Resort Ninh Binh is located in the first imperial capital of Vietnam, Ninh Binh. This property provides you unlimited relaxation with a sense of privacy along with the traditional Vietnamese village style. The resort also provides spaciously arranged rooms where guests can relax on a private terrace with the peaceful garden scene....
Located in karst land of Ninh Binh city with many historical relics and scenic spots, Ninh Binh Legend, a four-star hotel, French style architecture, will be the best destination in your journey of discovery Vietnam. There are 108 guest rooms with 11 floors; all the rooms are quiet, with a large, comfortable and modern window....
Located in the center of Tam Coc - Bich Dong romantic nature and tranquility complex, Yen Nhi Hotel was built with modern architecture with traditional style. Coming to Yen Nhi Hotel, you will be pleased with the enthusiastic,thoughtful and professional staffs. Tourists can visit and admire the beauty of the mysterious "Nam Thien De Nhi Dong "...