- Location: 40 km west of Ha Tien
- Status: the largest island of Vietnam
- Population: approximately 85,000 (2001 statistics)
- Area: 574 square kilometers
- An ideal tourist attraction for ocean lovers
Phu Quoc has been famous among domestic and foreign tourists as the most beautiful and biggest island in Vietnam. Despite being a long-time tourist attraction, the island still possesses its extraordinary beauty with unspoiled white-sand beaches and quaint fishing villages.
Located in the Gulf of Thailand, Phu Quoc island lies just 12 km south of the Cambodian coast, west of Kampot, and 45 km west of Ha Tien, the nearest coastal town in Vietnam. The northern part of the island is filled with 99 forested mountains while the southern part is better known for its beaches.
Tourists can choose to uncover the charming treasures of this beautiful island in different forms ranging from cycling tours along the empty dirt roads, kayaking on its quiet inlets or scuba diving around the coral reefs. Tourists can also visit Ham Ninh Fisherman Ancient Village to experience the daily life of the fishermen and then stop at a traditional fish sauce factory to learn how the Phu Quoc fish sauce production are made and enjoy the unique aromatic flavor of Phu Quoc fish sauce.
This island is famous for its two traditional products: high-quality fish sauce (nuoc mam) and black pepper. The rich fishing grounds offshore provide the anchovy catch from which the prized sauce is made. Pepper cultivation is located inland in the center of the island. Besides, the islanders here have traditionally earned their living from the sea and recently from making pearls.
Coming to this picturesque island, you will have chance to enjoy delicious fresh sea food cooked by vendors in conical palm hats sitting on the ground or prepared by local chefs at luxurious restaurants along the coastline. More interestingly, you are offered to choose to live in five-star hotels of glorious resorts with the scenic views over the islands or enjoy homestays in rustic bungalows with local islanders.
• Discovering one of your hidden talents – angling, checking who can catch the greatest number of fish
• Having quality leisurely time simply lazing around beautiful beaches
• Spotting the remarkable biodiversity of picturesque natural forests
• Revealing the interesting secret of how pearl is made
• Detecting Phu Quoc’s unique black pepper manufacturing techniques
• Satisfying your appetite with delectable dishes of sea delicacies
• Stop at Ben Thanh market - a haven for the shopaholics to test your bargaining skills
• Get first-hand knowledge on what it was like for the Vietnamese during the war when going to Cu Chi Tunnel
• Unwind in the sun, sea, sand of Phu Quoc Island
• Relax in comfortable accommodation with ideal location
• Visit authentic workshop and learn how to make some local cuisine in Vietnamese way
• Full day tour to visit highlights of Saigon
• Experience the local life and culture of people in Mekong Delta
• Enjoy wonderful feeling in cosy cabin on Mekong Eyes cruise
• Walk to a rural village or cooking class on board
• Explore small canals of Tan Phong islet, coconut candy producing family
• Bicycle ride on back roads or walk in a small village along the Mekong Canals
• Learn more about the history and culture when visiting the top attraction in Ho Chi Minh city
• Make your way around and try some bargain like a local in Ben Thanh Market
• Blown away by the hustle and bustle of Cai Rang floating market
• Learn how to make coconut candy, rice paper, pop corn in traditional way when in Mekong Delta
• Lie in a lounge chair and spend entire day softening your daily life's stress and worry in quiet beach of Phu Quoc
• Taste the fresh seafood in reasonable price
• Be amazed by the wondrous natural settings of Vietnam’s beaches
• Enjoy a wide variety of delightful dishes full of fresh and yummy sea foods
• Take part in different exciting activities of snorkeling, parasailing, and so on
• Let it go with the flow of unique lives in coastal cities
• Have the most memorable time with ultimate convenience
Centrally located on Phu Quoc Island’s stunning West Coast beach, the modern twist of contemporary resort life style and charming Vietnamese hospitality has it all to create a memorable stay, made by Dusit Princess Moonrise Phu Quoc. Guests will appreciate the quiet and relaxing atmosphere throughout the resort, and use the central location of...
Salinda Resort Phu Quoc Island is a collection of 121 deluxe rooms, villas, and a spacious presidential suite. The property also features a signature beachfront restaurant, a lounge and bar, an evolutionary spa, a fitness center, and the island’s finest event venue all supported by a high level of professional service. This great location, along...
Cassia Cottage began as a spice trader’s family retreat. It evolved into Phu Quoc Island’s boutique resort sui generis.This is a place where time stands still, leaving you to savor simple pleasures. Relax on the beach and let the ocean kiss your toes. Wander through the gardens before sharing a bottle of wine. Allow the lapping...
Located in the lovely area of Cua Lap, Mercury Phu Quoc Resort and Villas enjoys a commanding position in the romance, restaurants, beaches hub of Phu Quoc Island. At Mercury Phu Quoc Resort and Villas, the excellent service and superior facilities make for an unforgettable stay. Mercury Phu Quoc Resort and Villas is your one-stop destination for...
Set on one of the island's most well-known beaches, Truong Beach, the 5-star Novotel Phu Quoc Resort offers a spectacular beachfront location. The resort boasts a variety of luxurious room types offering sea-facing balconies or terraces and villas with private pools. The resort is an idyllic setting for family gatherings, couples, intrepid...
For a beachfront holiday off the beaten track, you have to look no further than this eco-friendly resort. Mango Bay, host to Vietnam's first earth rammed bungalows is enclosed by two deserted beaches and protected forests. Explore the nearby terrain on a bike, which leads up to the National Park, visit the craft villages, head into the water...
Located on Phu Quoc Island, La Veranda Resort Phu Quoc, member of the MGallery collection, boasts a style reminiscent of a French seaside mansion. Set in tropical gardens on a beautiful stretch of beach, the beach luxury resort and boutique hotel and spa boasts large terraces with sweeping views ideal for honeymoons, spa vacations or family...
Saigon Phu Quoc Resort & Spa offers 4-star accommodation and world-class facilities, including a pool, fitness center and tennis courts, airport shuttle service and bike use are free of charge. With well designed and spacious rooms, this beachfront resort makes for a comfortable choice on the island of Phu Quoc. Make the most of your stay by...
Quietly located on the pristine beach, Long Beach Phu Quoc Resort welcomes its guests to a overwhelming paradise of relaxation. Long Beach Resort features a perfect harmony between nature and the architecture of Vietnamese traditional villages, promising a paradisiacal stay. The hotel possesses 72 splendid well-appointed rooms with modern...
Tropicana Resort Phu Quoc is a distinct addition to Phu Quoc Island and a smart choice for travelers. Spread over 2 hectares of tropical gardens, Tropicana Resort Phu Quoc features an outdoor pool and a private beach. Enjoying views of the gardens or sea, all the air-conditioned bungalows include a private terrace and seating area. At...