Sa Dec is the capital city of Dong Thap Province in the Mekong Delta of Southern Vietnam. It is about 140km from Ho Chi Minh City and shares borders with the Tien River in the North, Lap Vo district in the Northwest, Lai Vung district in the Southwest, Cao Lanh district in the east and Chau Thanh district in the South.
Characteristics: Sa Dec is a lively, commercial town of tree-lined streets and fading colonial villas, ringed with numerous beautiful pagodas, authentic market, some fine colonial-style architecture such as the old markets, old mansions & merchant homes, fruit orchards and flower markets.
Attractions: The Tu Phuoc Huong Pagoda, Kien An Cung Confucian Pagoda, Sa Dec Covered Market, Sa Dec Park, Kim Hue Pagoda, Huynh Thuy Le Ancient House, La Maison De Huynh Thuy, lotus field, and Sa Dec Flower Garden, in which Sa Dec Flower Village is the special character of Sa Dec city.
Sa Dec Flower Village:
· Location: Tan Qui Dong Commune, Sa Dec Town
· Characteristics: Lying in the bank of annually windy Tien River of sun and fertility and with the area of 60ha, Sa Dec Flower Village is the homeland of hundreds “uncanny flowers and strange herbs”. It features numerous scarce and priceless hundred-year-old bonsai as well as a forest of flowers of all colors and aroma as Elizabet flesh-colored roses, Metsai roses of white color, orange maccaras roses, lotus violet Grada roses, pink Cleopatre roses, etc.
· Meanings: Sa Dec Flower Village is a fascinating destination attracting thousands of tourists every year. Besides, ornamental flowers give colors and aroma, are used to make landscape of parks, cultural construction, decorate interior and some of them are useful for treatment.
Specialties: Dried Noodles, Sagiang deep fried shrimp paste, Sa Dec Noodle (Hu Tieu), Worm cake, Pork skin rice noodles (banh tam bi), Charsiew (Xiu mai), etc
• Admire the phenomenally beautiful vista of the Vietnamese countryside
• Enjoy the different atmosphere in the two favorite cities of Saigon and Phnom Penh
• Travel on over the calming Mekong delta
• Experience the impressive cruise between Saigon and Phnom Penh
• Uncover a workshop where we learn about and observe how rice paste, rice paper, rice cookies or rice wine is manufactured
• Along with its peaceful beauty, the Mekong Delta is known for its friendly locals. The crewmembers of the Jahan Cruise are no exception
• Explore some of Saigon’s tourism highlights include the Vietnam History Museum, War Remnants Museum; the Reunification Palace, etc
• Discover the bygone elegance of travel aboard the majestic Jahan
• From the moment you board, guests are made to feel at home
• New experience on speedboat from Phnom Penh to Tan Chau - embarkation of cruise
• Lay back on your comfortable river cruiser - Mekong Eyes Explorer Cruise - and enjoy the scenery
• Visit the charming city of Sa Dec and Tan Thuan Dong islet
• Taste a lot of delicious cuisine on cruise and fresh fruit at orchard
• Visit floating market and talk and bargain with the merchants
• Explore and take beautiful photos about the famous destinations in Saigon and Cu Chi Tunnel.
• Admire the beauty of ancient Hoi A and My Son Holly
• Meet and make friends with friendly local residents and prepare lunch with them
• Learn how to cook the Vietnamese delicacies with the hospital people
• Explore the stunning Angkor Temples and many other historic sites in Cmbodia
• Enjoy picturesque sceneries as crusing the Tonle Sap & Mekong Rivers
• Discover the local workshops of the two countries as pottery, coconut candies, etc
• Visit the famous Caibe’s floating market to understand their daily working life
• Sample well-known specialties during the exursion
• Wander around the landmarks of the biggest city of Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh city
• An unforgettable means of exploring some of the finest scenery in Asia with the luxury cruise - RV Jayavarman
• Admire Khmer artifacts in the Henry Mouhot Lounge, mingle in the Club 1930 Bar, dine in the elegant Indochina Dining Hall, and recharge with spa treatments in the Apsara Spa
• Relax in a Jacuzzi located on the top sundeck, which offers spectacular views of the passing delta